Dental Implants have been around for a long time always making an enormous impact on individuals.
At this moment, Dental Implant in Delhi is one of the most important orthodontic treatments preferred by many to bring about an improvement in their lives.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental Implants are surgical fixtures that are shaped in the form of a screw placed inside the jaw. This involves the surgical process consisting of inserting the root or screw implant inside the jaw.
This follows attaching a custom-prepared artificial tooth that looks and feels like the original teeth. The tooth and the screw are held together using an abutment.
Why Dental Implants?
Dental Implants are necessary in cases where an adult has a missing tooth and needs the void to be filled. This is usually an option for those who do not wish to consider dentures, crowns, or bridges.
It is a necessity to fill the space between the teeth, as the consequences of not carrying the process out include problems in bite and bone deterioration.
You can find some of the best options to consider when you finally feel like going to a clinic for dental implants in Delhi.
Types of Dental Implants
When looking for the right type of implants, you need a quick look at the different types of dental implants available to make the right choice.
This is considered to be one of the safest dental implant types which are quite commonly used today.
This is shaped like screws and used only for those cases where the patients have normally healthy jaw bone to hold the root.
While endosteal is embedded or implanted inside the jawbone, a subperiosteal implant is inserted inside the gums but kept above the jaw bone.
It is held in place with the help of a frame and required in cases where there is a limit to accessing the jaw bone.
This is quite an uncommon type of implant used mostly in cases where the jawbone does not have enough mass to hold the implant. The implant is then set inside the cheekbone.
Dental Implant Cases
There have been numerous cases where dental implants are needed but there is a prior oral health constraint or a necessity for a prior treatment before moving on to the implantation surgery. In such cases, some methods are looked at to choose the best pre-implant surgery.
- Bone Augmentation
If there is an unavoidable need to set up dental implants and the jaw bone is not capable of holding onto the root, in that case, the regeneration of the bone is carried out.
- Ridge Expansion
There are times when the implants need a wider area in the jaw. To ensure that this is possible, a ridge is used to expand the jaw and make the space required.
- Sinus Lift
It is quite common to see the natural bone deteriorating in the case where upper back teeth are missing. This requires a pre-process where the sinus is pushed up by adding bone below it.
Who needs Dental Implants?
Dental Implants are the right choice for you if you have one or more missing teeth and you:
- Encounter healthy oral tissues
- Are unable to wear dentures or crown
- Wish to improve your speech or function
- Have ample amount of bone to secure and hold the implant
- Have a jawbone that has reached the full extent of its maturity
No matter your reason, if it lies in the above list, then you can look for places that offer dental implants in Delhi.
Advantages of Dental Implants
Some of the Dental Implant benefits include the following:
- Dental Implants look and feel natural
- These can have a very long life
- These ensure there is no loss of bone and no reduction in density in the immediate area
- These implants can support and keep the nearby teeth stable
- Dental implants leave no gaps eliminating the possibility of bacterial infection and can keep you away from gum diseases
- Dental implants are a great way of reducing bone deterioration.
Dental Implant Procedure
When you need a dental procedure, there are steps to be followed:
- Consultation: This step allows the doctor to analyze your teeth and recommend any pre-surgery process needed.
- Numbing: On the day of the surgery, the doctor numbs the area using anesthesia.
- Incision and implant placement In this step, a small incision is made in the gum area, and the implant is placed inside at the precise position. After this, a few days are required for the bone to heal and integrate with the screw.
- Connector: After that, a connector is attached and left to heal within the gum area so that it can set.
- Crown: Finally, the doctor examines and replicates your natural teeth to prepare the right attachment called a crown. It is then fitted over the connector.
- After-care: Following that, some after-surgery care steps would be advised by your doctor.
Time-duration and Sittings
The total time duration of getting a dental implant, starting from consultation, is 6 weeks to 6 months.
This is because it requires a minimum of 3-4 sittings in the procedure, not counting the regular check-ups and after-care sittings.
Also, the duration is so vast as the bone takes time to heal and that healing duration is also included in the time frame.
Post-Operative Instructions for Dental Implants
The doctors are very immaculate when it comes to providing the right points for post-operative instructions. These involve the following:
- It is better to avoid touching, rinsing, or spitting on the day of the surgery.
- It is quite normal to experience minor bleeding and can be controlled using a gauze which you can bite on.
- It is normal to experience swelling. Ice packs are a great help in such cases.
- It is necessary to consume liquids but better to avoid hot ones.
- A soft diet is a must especially on the day of the surgery.
- Good oral hygiene would ensure a speedy recovery after the procedure.
- Drinking alcohol, consuming tobacco, and smoking should be avoided.
- Any heavy physical exercise must be avoided to keep the jaw at rest.
These precautions after dental implant can help quicken the recovery process.
- Maintain a good oral hygiene
- Choose a brush with soft bristles and sensitive teeth
- Do not be harsh on the teeth while brushing
- Consult the doctor regularly to ensure that healing is going well
- Sticky and hard food items should be avoided
- Rinsing your mouth and flossing regularly would go along way to keep your teeth healthy
In case there are problems during your after-surgery care, consult the doctor immediately.
If proper hygiene is followed and thorough care is given, the dental implants can last very long. As estimated, they might last as long as 25 years.
This dental treatment has become quite popular for people with missing teeth. Those who have lost most of their teeth can also get the same treatment where 4-6 titanium posts are installed in the jaw and most of the teeth are implanted over them as a whole.
The total cost of implantation is= at an average Rs.40,000/-. This is the best dental implant cost in Delhi and can be varied depending upon the implant type, implant material, number of teeth involved, number of roots placed, and the orthodontist referred.
Though the procedure is carried out under the effect of anesthesia, when the effects wear off, discomfort and pain might be experienced. This might last for about a week and can be controlled using medications.
During the surgery, the patient is given local anesthesia that numbs the jaw completely but will not put you to sleep. You will be awake throughout the procedure.
For the same day, only normal temperature beverages and soft food is advised, to avoid disturbing the implant. After 24 hours you may gradually go back to normal food but still avoid sticky and extra hard items for about 1 week.
If you have any more questions you can find great doctors for a dental implant in Delhi to help you.