Do you need Orthodontic Treatments?
We highly recommend seeking expert dental treatment if you find that your teeth are not as straight as you would like them to be or if you have problems with your jaw or bite when eating. Orthodontic treatments can fix these concerns.
Crooked teeth make it more difficult for you to care for your teeth and gums, even if the misalignment is slight.
Plaque accumulates and leads to cavities when you cannot reach and clean certain areas of your mouth.
7 Common Treatments
The following is a summary of seven of the most popular orthodontic treatments available today that can assist dental patients in regaining good oral health.
- Aligners: This method of tooth straightening employs removable trays to gently shift the teeth back into their proper places. This technique is popular among individuals who want to be more covert when it comes to straightening their teeth.
- Metal Braces: Braces in the traditional sense. This orthodontic treatment technique, often known as metal braces, employs brackets and wires linked to the teeth to gently push them back into their proper locations.
- Ceramic Braces: Ceramic braces function similarly to traditional braces, except that the brackets are clear rather than metal, making them less apparent.
- Linguistic Braces: Traditional braces that are affixed to the back of the teeth are known as lingual braces.
- Retainers: The retainers are removable. A retainer is an orthodontic appliance that is frequently used to maintain a dental patient’s teeth straightened after they have been straightened.
- Palatal Expander: Expander of the palatal cavity. This removable orthodontic appliance is used by dental patients who require their upper jaw to be expanded to correct a poor bite.
- Damon system: Similar to regular braces, however instead of rubber bands, a wire is employed.