Looking beautiful and having a charming smile is a dream of every individual. It builds up self-confidence and leaves a lasting impression on other people. Though at times, many of us face a situation where a good orthodontic treatment is imperative to achieve that smile. One of the best methods to make that possible is to get your teeth clear aligners in Delhi. Reading below, you can find all the information about clear aligners in Delhi before you make your choice.
What are Clear Teeth Aligners?
If you are suffering from problems like crowded teeth, underbite, overbite, open bite, a diastema, misaligned primary teeth, or any other issue, then you need proper orthodontic treatment to ensure that you can realign your teeth in the correct position for a perfect smile.
Clear aligners are also called invisible aligners due to their transparent make. These are custom-made trays that are fitted on teeth in a way that they can be removed and are flexibly adjusted for maximum comfort. Getting a consultation with your orthodontist, you can get personalized clear aligners in Delhi as treatment.
How do they work?
Clear teeth aligners are designed specifically to fit closely around your teeth and provide gentle small pressure at a time. This pressure is shifted from the teeth to the gums and subsequently to the jaw. The jaw bone then reacts to this pressure by moving around the teeth sockets. While the sockets adjust, the teeth go along for the ride. These shifts are caused by gentle and small movements that lead to a more comfortable treatment process.
Though for the aligners to work at their full efficiency, they need to be worn for at least 22 hours a day. The rest of the time can be counted out in eating, brushing, cleaning, and flossing of teeth.
Difference between Traditional Braces and Clear Aligners
While many prefer traditional braces as they are most commonly known and understood, there is a clear difference between them and the clear aligners. With changing times and people becoming more aware of the better methods, clear aligners are taking the lead. Let us look at the differences between the two.
These conventional braces are made of metal or porcelain brackets that are fitted to the front of the teeth and connected with a strong wire. This wire works on tightening the teeth gradually with periodic pressure. These braces require regular visits to the doctor who removes and replaces the wire with a thicker wire for better and quicker results.
These clear aligners are specially made of transparent material to ensure that they are not visible to the naked eye easily. Instead of using brackets and wires, it is made of a plastic tray that is fitted as a mold to the teeth. These aligners can be taken off by the individuals themselves for regular hygiene and eating needs. However, these too require replacement every couple of weeks to change the adjustment and pressure.
In a nutshell, people are shifting their focus more on clear aligners given their comfort and practically invisible nature.
Advantages of Clear Aligners
More and more people are opting for clear aligners as there are many worth-considering advantages of clear aligners.
- Invisible application: It won’t be visible to the naked eye.
- Straightening in half the time: It is gentle yet persistent and can help shorten the time of treatment.
- Comfortable: it is very comfortable to wear every day for longer periods.
- Removable: it is easy to remove when needed to eat and clean.
- Fewer Doctor visits: it needs a few numbers of visits with the doctor for changes.
- Improving overall dental health: this is the best choice to improve oral health as it allows regular cleaning with removal.
Who should get the aligners treatment?
Clear aligners are custom-built to fit the teeth tightly. Due to this, this treatment is preferable for teens, and adults only. Using this treatment on a child might be risky as their teeth are in constant growth and might feel constricted.
These clear aligners are best suited for individuals who are facing problems like:
- Misaligned teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Minor spacing issues
- Crowded teeth
- Open bite
Duration of the Treatment
The duration of the clear aligner treatment is based on the amount of correction needed for the teeth. The worse the condition, the longer it takes to complete it. The treatment usually takes about 10-24 months, where the minimum duration it needs to be worn per day is 22 hours. Another factor that contributes to the duration of the treatment is the age of the individual. If the person is a senior citizen or mid-aged adult, then the teeth due to being set in permanently, take a lot longer to shift their position.
Care with Aligners on
While you are undergoing clear aligner treatment, it is best to ensure that your aligners are in good condition. Some of the tips to keep in mind while caring for your aligners are:
- Rinse your aligners every time that you remove them. This ensures that bacteria do not stay on teeth and aligners for long.
- Use only lukewarm water while rinsing the aligners. This is because plastic aligners change their size when exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures.
- Every time you eat, it is good to ensure that you brush and floss your teeth before putting the aligners back on your teeth. This removes stuck particles in the mouth and ensures no build-up of germs and bacteria.
- It is best to keep the aligners in their assigned case every-time you take them out. This is because leaving it in open can risk exposure to airborne pathogens that build up bacteria and may harm your teeth.
- It is best to avoid caffeine and colored drinks to ensure that the aligners’ transparency is retained and no staining occurs.
While you are concerned about your dental hygiene regularly during the treatment, it is important to care after the treatment as well.
- Professional cleaning and examination: This is important to ensure that any possibilities of bacteria, germs, or dental caries can be taken care of immediately.
- Teeth whitening treatment: While your braces have come off, you need to brighten up the smile a little more and teeth whitening treatment will be the key.
- Retainers direction: To ensure that teeth retain their new position, doctors provide retainers to keep the teeth in their position for a little longer.
- Taking care of retainers: It is important to care for your retainers just like you cared for your clear aligners.
- At-home dental routine: After the treatment, it is necessary to keep up with your dental hygiene at home that includes brushing, flossing for cleaning in-between, and gum massaging to build up strength.
Are aligners Removable?
Yes, aligners are removable as they are made of a plastic tray that is fitted closely to the teeth and prevents eating and cleaning activities when in place. It is important to remove the aligners before eating and cleaning your teeth before putting them back on.
Cost of Clear Aligners
The cost of clear aligners depends on a variety of factors such as:
- What your oral health needs and how much work the braces need to do
- Your location of the clinic
- The treatment cost charged by the orthodontist
- In-between and post-treatment care chosen
The average cost of the clear aligners in Delhi is Rs.3 Lakhs, though this may vary based on the above factors.